Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just Keep Swimming...


So, I was inspired to start swimming again by my awesome sister-in-law Erica. So far, I have only been twice. They practice every M, W, Th from 5:30-7am!!! Yeah, that's definitely crazy, but it's the only time that would work anyway, since Ryan can be home with Maggie. 3800 meters of staring at a black line, 56 flip turns, 10 people swimming in one lane (9 of which are faster than me), and 90 minutes of I-want-to-die kind of swimming pretty much sums of my first day. But I am proud of myself for committing and making it through the entire workout. Having not swam in 8 years, the coach asked if I used to swim competitively. So, maybe I displayed some sort of minimal technique to go along with my panting, red face, and water-logged goggles.

I told him I played water polo...

1 comment:

Pam said...

Kristen I am impressed. However, if you are the slowest. This class would be way out of my league!