Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Getting Settled in La Jolla

This is how Jane gets around most of the time. Might as well still be pregnant. Ha, NOT!
Maggie loves having Aunt Lisa so close by. Here they are scoping the tide pools for the first time at La Jolla Cove.
This was a definite favorite for Lisa and I, and of course, as parents, you selectively make sure these will become your kids' favorites too. We love to read "Go Dog Go" with Maggie. For those of you who remember this classic book, you will recall these conversations :
"Do you like my hat?"
"I do not like that hat."
"Goodbye."
"Goodbye"
So the other day when she put on Lisa's hat, she shouted with excitement just like the conversation finally resolves in the book, "I like it!"
I like it too Maggie.

We got to meet up with Aunt Jan and Uncle Robert with their cute grandkids.
As if the hat wasn't enough, Aunt Lisa's bikini definitely finishes off the look.
Story time together before bed. Book of choice, #1 favorite: Goodnight Moon.
More fun with Lisa.
The family of four after church.
Thanks Charlotte and Tim for introducing us to Coronado. We will definitely be visiting again.
We can't keep Maggie away from the beach, and why would we anyway?
Every time she sees her swimsuit (which is everyday because it never gets put away) she puts her arms through the bottoms and comes running asking if we can go "sweeming." And when we're driving around, if she sees the ocean, she screams "I sweem! I sweem!" We have been to the beach lots, but we don't have many pictures to show for it because all of our energy is focused on making sure Maggie doesn't swim away!
We are loving our new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! We love living by the beach too! I can't believe how much Maggie is growing up! So cute. It would be great to meet up sometime!

kara said...

i miss you guys! i love the hat!! p.s. yes i stalked your blog!! :)