Thursday, August 06, 2009

Baby Day

So...We're (Kristen) having a baby today. I (Ryan) will update this post throughout the day (what else am I supposed to do?).






5:40am Arrived at hospital (10 min. late because Kristen wanted to bring the staff donuts).
6:00am Met nurse, Cherie a friend and coworker of Kristen.
7:30am Induction started.
8:30am Doctor Judd visits, water broken.
9:30am Pitocin to the max (Pitocin, is that like a laxative for the womb?)
9:45am Pain level: 3 out of 10

10:45am Dilated 2.5, 90% effaced, pain level: 4 out of 10

11:45am Epidural requested

12:00pm Epidural started

12:40pm Dilated 3.5, 90% effaced, pain level: I can't feel my legs


Trying to nap
2:05pm Dilated 4, 90% effaced, head is moving
2:45pm Completely dilated
3:15pm Any minute now!
3:32pm Baby girl born.

We made wagers on ETA and estimated weight
Ryan: 6lb 13oz, 1:15pm (optimistic!)
Kristen: 6lb 10oz, 4:47pm (pessimistic!)

7 comments:

Pam said...

Wait, you didn't say anything about an epidural do they wait until the pain on a higher level? Good luck today. I will be thinking about you.

Ryan said...

No, no epidural yet. She isn't avoiding it, just will get it when needed (she likes to get up and walk to the bathroom). Kristen also has amazing pain tolerance unlike me. I would have ordered the epidural upon arrival.

Kendra said...

I hope she comes soon! Can't wait! :)I will be checking!

Mari said...

Oh how exciting! I want Tyson to live blog my labor! Guess we'll see on that one. Good luck to you both!

Jocelyn said...

Waiting with baited breath!

Unknown said...

hey Congrats to you two, three hmm four ;-) Hope to see ur little ones soon. Jenny (trapp)

Lauren said...

Oh how exciting!!! I have been induced twice now so reading your log I can totally understand what is going on! I hope all goes well. Good luck!