We went surfing. It was the first time we were able to go together, courtesy of the great Orange County relatives. The swells were so constant that we couldn't make it to the where the waves were actually breaking. We tumbled around in the white froth for an hour or so, each catching a few waves for very short rides. My legs were hog tied a few times in the chord from my board, evidence that I didn't really know what I was doing. Kristen looked very happy just to be in the 66 degree warm water.
We soon were exhausted and decided to go snorkeling at the cove. While backing into the water with my fins on, I hit a rock and toppled backwards into the water. It was a blessing in disguise because somehow the water was very cool and I was able to get in all at once. We saw things typical for the cove: garibaldi, sea lions. I was glad I had a wetsuit except for when I took it off and saw a dead earwig stuck to my arm. That would explain the stinging and itching that I had felt there about 2 hours previously. I made a resolve to start killing earwigs in the future.
We then ate food. Much food, starting at El pescador for fresh seafood, and the crepe cafe. We then went home and changed so that we could go eat some more. We laughed that when given a chance to dine without our kids, we went a bit overboard. We kept commenting about how those without kids have it so easy. Just getting in the car without handfuls of baggage and kids and buckling the dang car seats feels very foreign.
Lisa and Richard took the girls to the fair in Del Mar. They were there indulged in petting zoos, carousels and "eesweem" (ice cream). Maggie got to ride a real elephant named Becky. She must have been born in the 70's. They wished they'd tried the chocolate bacon.
We had a great day.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now THAT'S the way to spend an anniversary!
Post a Comment