Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's for Dinner?



Walking home from the park, I asked Maggie what we should make for dinner and without hesitation she replied "em-an-ems!!" Her menu ideas are full of creativity. Now I know where to turn when I'm in a meal-planning rut.

In other random updates: Jane turned 6 months and can now sit all by herself - one milestone that makes a HUGE difference with two kids.

Maggie let me cut her fingernails and her toenails while she was awake. Of course Jane set the good example first. And yes, a sucker is an appropriate incentive for such a task.

I have successfully ventured out all by myself with both kids numerous times, with the help of Raffi and loads of fruit snacks.

I have started working again in the NICU. I am still missing my home at UVRMC, but I'm starting to adjust and enjoying being a nurse again.


We have now lived here 6 months and we have kept our promise of visiting the beach at least once each week. It never gets old!



3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh the beach looks amazing! I am pining for warm weather. Maddie loves m&m's too--great dinner idea! :)

You are so right on the sitting up thing, it is much easier to occupy them. Yay for Jane! And congrats on your job, that is so great.

Lauren Byers said...

I was looking at pictures of baby Jane and she is so cute :) so is Maggie! looks like California is a lot of fun :)

Lisa and Kate said...

We miss you too! Jen and I are coming to So. Cal in October. We will have to meet up. Kate loves mNms too!