Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bad Mom Award?

I finally got over my feelings of guilt and embarrassment to post these pictures in order to remember the real adventures of raising children. A few nights prior to this day, I painted Maggie's toe nails while she was asleep in her crib. (Her feet are always hanging through the slats, so the task was much easier). I thought the bottle of nail polish was far out of her reach, but a few days later during her morning nap I learned it was not far enough! I wondered why I kept smelling nail polish, and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. HA!

So here is the scene...




(feel free to enlarge these for more detail)

It was all over both hands and feet, some on her face, and mostly on her pajamas and two of her precious blankets. Luckily it was a nice warm day, so we went outside in her diaper where it was well-ventilated and endured the process of removing the nail polish with the only thing that works - nail polish remover. In my frustration, Ryan pointed out that it was a good thing she didn't get it in her hair. He's right! That definitely would have been worse.

The next day I spent a decent amount of time trying to get it out of her 2 blankets and I had moderate success. So she'll be walking around with a blanket that has several pink stains and it will go well with her messy face. Now people will say "when we have kids, at least we'll make sure they have a clean blanket to carry around." (refer to 3/16/09 post)

8 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh dear! That is hillarious! What a cutie...sad day about the blankies! Tori loves the walker..its non stop movement here! :)

Sawyers Family said...

I laughed right out loud! That is too funny! And I did have to enlarge...Maylee would do the same thing if she had the nail polish close enough!
Don't feel like a bad mom...we've all had these moments at one time or another!

Erica said...

I love the second picture, "I am berry cute." Ha!

Jessie said...

What I love about these pictures, besides the fact that she looks SO innocent and oblivious as to what just happened, is that her toes are nicely painted.

It's just everywhere else also!

Okay, you think your a bad mom...just you wait till I post pictures of Crew when he scratched and scratched his head raw when he was waking up from a nap. {itchy from eczema}

I let him fuss for about 5 minutes before I went in to pick him up.....THERE WAS BLOOD EVERY WHERE!!! I kid you not! It was awful, and as you can imagine I was in SHOCK! Now I can't help but think that I win the bad mom award!

Julie Mack said...

Hilarious!

Mari said...

Ha ha, that is so funny. Totally cracked me up. I am positive that you could not win any sort of bad mom award for something like that. Seems like this kind of stuff happens to everyone! I loved the reference to your earlier post btw, lol.

Jeff D said...

Melinda and I will be laughing for days about this. As the father of two girls, I can tell you that hair spray works wonders on nail polish.

Jeff

Jocelyn said...

It's moments like that that I'm grateful for a camera and a blog. Otherwise....well, things don't turn out so nicely...