skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baby #2 - 16 weeks
Yup, we found out this time. We had a unique opportunity where we were given a free ultrasound to check the gender and see the baby. Since Ryan missed our first ultrasound (because I didn't know it was scheduled for that day) we were excited for another chance to see the baby. We were hesitant to find out before the actual delivery (Ryan was more opposed to this idea than I), but we thought we would see what it was like to do it the way the other 98% of couples do. And honestly, to the contrary of what everyone else has told me...it was actually slightly disappointing. Many people say that it's the same surprise whether you find out while pregnant or in the delivery room - so not true! Is it the same surprise when you peak at an awesome Christmas gift beforehand as it is when you open it as a total surprise on Christmas morning? For us, it was a little ordinary and lacking in emotion and excitement. I do not mean to say that we are not thrilled to be having a girl - we are!! It just wasn't the same feeling as anticipating the announcement the moment your child is born.
But at least now we can call our baby "her" instead of "it" - much more affectionate. It will definitely be fun to picture Maggie with a little sister, and it is nice to know that we don't have to hold back on the pink, since it looks like it's going to be around for a while.
We love our girls.
12 comments:
I don't know what the post is about because I can't read the pink text. But I get the point. It's A Girl! Yeeaahh!!!! I'm thrilled for all of you.
Great argument for not finding out... although I could never wait that long! :) CONGRATS!!! Two girls is the best!
I LOVE my two girls so close together! Congratulations -- what awesome news!
I don't think that it is exciting finding out the second time. I wasn't as excited to find out the sex of Tori either...it was kind of lack luster. Maybe if you would have found out the first time it would have been super cool...are you starting to thing of other names? What does your name book say about the other names with Maaggie as a sibling? Oh I can't wait til you pick a name...oh...and it was way too fun yesterday! We need to do it again...maybe we can find time to do it once a week...and we can switch houses! Jason was really excited too! Congrats!
YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! I LOOOOVE having two little girls! And yes like Kendra said, it just wasn't as exciting the second time. I already knew it would be a girl!
Great news Kristen! We are so excited!
Congratulations! That's great :)
That's so great! Congratulations!
We are so happy for you guys. Two girls are the best. I hope all is well. Maggie will be the best big sister. Remember to look at that sibling name book you have, that's how we came up with Kelsey's name. I hope you are feeling good. If you ever need me to take Maggie to give you a break just let me know.
Well, just imagine what a HUGE surprise it will be now if the ultrasound was wrong and you birth a boy! :)
How exciting!!! I am sure that you'll love having two little girls. We love having 2 of the same gender! Maggie will be a great big sister! Congrats!!
I completely agree with you. I didn't want to find out, but I could tell that Ben did so I was really torn on what to do. Then, when a girl in the ultrasound program wanted to practice on me, she was so excited she could tell what it was and blurted it out without even asking me if I wanted to know. Worst part of it all, Ben wasn't even there :( Maybe the next one will be more exciting to wait it out for.
P.S. Are you still doing the cloth diaper thing? I need your input.
Post a Comment