Friday, August 22, 2008

Three snakes in three days.

The first was hiking down from windy pass off squaw peak road. I saw it a split second too late and had to hurdle it (I wish I could get a replay because I want to know how high I could have possibly got with Maggie on my back). The look of this snake puzzled me, but I'm pretty sure it was a rubber boa.



The second was returning from Timpanogas Caves. I stopped and turned around to point at a side trail. When I turned back around there was a sizeable rattlesnake slithering away about 1 ft from my feet. Was I standing next to it that whole time? Anyhow, I'm glad I followed the directions on the sign and "stayed safe."


The third was while fishing the American Fork river, a garter, nothing too exciting.

Maggie and I are home for the day, so hopefully this streak will end.

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

AAAHHH I don't do well with wild snakes. You are so brave! BTW I hiked that hike (Timpanogos Caves) on my due date while pregnant with Kate! (It does not induce labor.) I do not remember the rattle snake signs though.