Yes, I actually got Maggie's ears pierced! I know she's almost 6 months old, it's about time she have earrings. :) Well, actually, my decision to pierce her ears this early came from watching my sister Lisa's experience with ear piercing. So my parents pierced mine when I was under 1 yr old, but for some reason, they didn't do the same for Lisa. So, around 8 years old, she really wanted her ears pierced. So, after much fear and anticipation, she did get them pierced. You'd think the worst was over, right? WRONG. She would not let my mom come anywhere near her to clean her ears afterwards, my dad and I would both attempt to hold her down. Needless to say, they got infected and closed up. But, if you can believe it, we repeated this process again around age 10 and again at age 12, each time she promised it would be different - the outcome was the same. I think she finally successfully pierced her ears when she was like 20. She can correct this story if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is how it went. So...I decided it was a lot easier to hold down a 6 month old and endure the 2 minutes of tears. Sorry Maggie, will you thank me later?
Monday, May 19, 2008
Look at me! Do you notice anything different?
Yes, I actually got Maggie's ears pierced! I know she's almost 6 months old, it's about time she have earrings. :) Well, actually, my decision to pierce her ears this early came from watching my sister Lisa's experience with ear piercing. So my parents pierced mine when I was under 1 yr old, but for some reason, they didn't do the same for Lisa. So, around 8 years old, she really wanted her ears pierced. So, after much fear and anticipation, she did get them pierced. You'd think the worst was over, right? WRONG. She would not let my mom come anywhere near her to clean her ears afterwards, my dad and I would both attempt to hold her down. Needless to say, they got infected and closed up. But, if you can believe it, we repeated this process again around age 10 and again at age 12, each time she promised it would be different - the outcome was the same. I think she finally successfully pierced her ears when she was like 20. She can correct this story if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is how it went. So...I decided it was a lot easier to hold down a 6 month old and endure the 2 minutes of tears. Sorry Maggie, will you thank me later?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous, daahling! And someone sure picked out an adorable outfit for you. ;)
I love the bling in her ears!! Was that painful? I have contemplated doing that with Maylee, but part of me wants it to be a big deal when she finally gets her ears pierced...but babies with bling are soooo cute!!
Yea, smart choice there. It was a dreadful experience. The soccer league forced me to take them out for games and it was super painful to reinsert them into holes that weren't yet healed. My ears just throbbed with pain for hours after anyone touched them. One day we just couldn't get them back in. Same thing happened 2 years later. And at 15 or so, I got them double-pierced at the same time. Partly due to water polo, the second set (higher up on my ear lobe) got infected and closed up, so I finally was left with the single ones I wanted 7 years earlier. Haha. I forgot what an ordeal all that was. Thanks Mom & Dad, haha.
Imposing a gender roll on your child. I wouldn't expect that from the Lindsays. Just kidding. She is a doll.
Tori has that same outfit! We should do a photo opp with both of them in it! It is so cute! I wish I could get Tori's ears pierced, but it is never going to happen!
Post a Comment