
Today is my last day at Barnes and Noble. I love books now more than ever and will miss them. I will never miss retail. When I was a BYU operator it killed me when people called in and said "I have a question." since our whole existence was to answer questions. Similarly, I won't miss those that approach me at B&N with "I'm looking for a book."
The reason for quitting? We are going to move. Whether that means across the street or across the nation, we don't know yet. We do know that Ryan is applying to different MPH programs nationwide and that Kristen graduates in December so we can go wherever. There will be a 6-month in-limbo time before we know where we're going, so at the moment we're looking for jobs (sometimes in tropical locations).
4 comments:
There's always room in Indiana!!
And Virginia!
Way to jump ship! You two will find adventure wherever you go... (hopefully east coast!)
The good news, Rick, is that Maren and I will probably end up in DC eventually.
GOOD news?
Post a Comment